Kamusta kayo mga readers ng Abante at ng ating Pera na Hindi Bitin column. I want to share a recent letter from one of my readers, para matutunan ninyo ang mga lessons ng buhay na kanyang pinagdaanan:
I have just finished reading your book, Ang Pera na Hindi Bitin. This book was given to me and my wife by my uncle and aunt in the Philippines way back December of 2011. All these time, it just sat in the shelves and got buried with the other piles of books. But today, April 29, 2017 in Los Angeles, I had a divine appointment with God. The Lord wanted me to learn and to live the important money principles in my life. I want to thank God for this divine moment. I also want to thank my wife for placing and keeping this book in easy access from my desk.
I have read some of Larry Burkett’s book in the late 1990s and early 2000. But for some reason the principles I passively learned had just landed on deaf ears. Before the 2006-2007 economic crash in the US, I was a very successful real estate broker. Successful in the sense that I sold real estate left and right. During that time, I also inherited from my late mother’s estate. Financially, I was well-off. However, I was also a failure.
Even though I was tithing regularly, I was also living way beyond my means. I did not “pray before I pay.” Money became my god! I literally became a prodigal son who squandered his inheritance into a wanton and riotous living.
It was very painful and hurting experience for me to lose everything. Now I personally know that money has wings. You need to take good care of your money for if you don’t take good care of your money, it will fly away from you. But thank God because He is our good, good father. He did not condemn the prodigal son when His son came back home.
Instead, He clothed his prodigal son with the robe of Righteousness; put authority and the position of sonship back to the prodigal son.
This is what God is doing right with me. God the Father used your book – a book that was given to me back in December of 2011, for a divine purpose. God was talking to me through your book.
Thank you for allowing the Lord use you for His kingdom. Praise and glory to our God!
Napakasakit kuya, diba?
O sige, let’s process what Kuya Alex went through. What are the lessons that we can learn?
1. Basahin kaagad ang librong bigay ng asawa. Ha ha. Don’t procrastinate! Kung nabasa lang ni Alex yung librong bigay ng kanyang missus, eh di hindi sana nawala lahat ng pera niya. Seryoso, many times the Lord uses our spouses para mangusap sa atin. Pakinggan ang sinasabi, whether it is through a book na bigay ng asawa or sa isang pakikipagusap.
2. Apply what you learn. Si Kuya Alex ay umamin na hindi niya na-apply ang mga natutunan sa libro ni Larry Burkett tungkol sa pera. Ayon sa kanya, it “landed on deaf ears”. Sana i-apply lahat ng natutunan ninyo sa kolumn na ito.
3. Don’t live beyond your means. Live below your means. Kahit gaano kalaki ang suweldo or kinikita mo, pero mas malaki naman ang gastos mo, bale wala din. Overspending ang ginagawa mo. Mababaon ka sa utang and wala kang savings.
4. Before you pay for anything, PRAY! Pause, Reflect, Ask God for wisdom, and Yield (to the Holy Spirit) ang ibig sabihin ng PRAY. Pause and Reflect: “Do I really need this thing I’m going to buy? Is it a want or a need?” Then Ask God for wisdom…and when He answers, Yield to the Holy Spirit.
5. “Money has wings” sabi nga ni Kuya Alex. If you don’t keep a close watch over your money, it will just fly away.
6. If you’ve made mistakes, it’s never too late to correct them. Sabi nga ni Kuya Alex, pasalamat siya sa Diyos dahil mayroon forgiveness and grace. Our God is merciful to all prodigal sons and children. Therefore, the last lesson is that …
7. There are second chances in life. Don’t commit the same mistakes. Fail forward, ika nga.
Trust in God’s ways of managing money and He’ll trust you with more money and resources for you to manage.
Meron pa ba kayong ibang lesson na hindi ko nakita? Please message or email me.
That’s all for this week! Salamat and God bless!
Sabi ni Jesus, “Dumarating ang magnanakaw para lamang magnakaw, pumatay, at manira. Naparito ako upang ang mga tupa ay magkaroon ng buhay, ng isang buhay na masagana at ganap.” (Juan 10:10).
Magtiwala ka na sa Panginoon Jesus. Sabihin mo sa kanya, “Panginoon Jesus, ako’y makasalanan at kailangan kita. Salamat at binayaran mo ang aking mga kasalanan sa Krus at namatay ka para sa akin. Ngunit nabuhay ka muli at ngayon ay nasa langit ka, kasama ng Diyos Ama. Ako’y naniniwala sa iyo, at tinatanggap kita bilang aking tagapagligtas at panginoon. Salamat, Jesus. Amen.”
Si Ardy Roberto (ardyroberto.com) ay isang entrepreneur, speaker at author ng 8 libro including Money and Marriage, Heart of Healing, Real Men are POGI, at Ang Pera na Hindi Bitin (updated ed).
Visit or leave message on his FB page: www.Facebook.com/AngPera or ArdyRoberto.com or email your questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org