Greetings to Abante Readers, Philippines-wide: Mindanao, Visayas, Luzon: 7,107 Islands, 42,026 Barangays, 80 Provinces, 140 Cities, 1494 Municipalities; 100+ Million Filipinos, Families and Friends Earth-wide from San Nicolas Balas, Concepcion, Tarlac.
On invitation of Roman & Marie Dimarucot Sio we traveled to Concepcion, Tarlac last September 14, 2017 (Thursday) for an ocular visit of the Dimarucot- Sio Farm in San Nicolas Balas. The team was composed of Roman Sio-Owner, Ruben Gardier-Farm Coordinator, Randy Salvador Rapisora-Connector, Rene Sesdon-Driver, Jainash Laxamana-Assesor, Venerando Catarroja-Veterinarian, Jose Pepz Cunanan- Bahay Kubo.
The couple Roman & Marie Dimarucot Sio invested in a 50-hectare land area and established the R2 TUNNEL VENT POULTRY FARM, Inc in 2011, composed of 9 Tunnel Vents and other buildings, machineries, vehicles, equipment and facilities for their operation and management. They developed the right of way from the main highway to the farm area as well as the installation of the power / electrical/water resources.
We were hosted by Councilor Pat Dimarucot- Dragon Fruit Manager, Bong & Lita Dimarucot Robles (Management including Fishpond & Fruits & Vegetables) and provided with an overview and orientation of their operation.
The R2 Tunnel Vent Farm is complemented with the Fruit & Vegetable Farm consisting of Calamansi Plantation, Camote, Sitaw, Okra, Talong, Kadios, Gabi, Sili, Coconut, Langka, Bayabas, Calabash- (Green Moon), Watermelon and Tilapia Pond.
For 2016-2017 they have invested with Taiwanese Consultants the establishment of the DRAGON FRUIT FARM. 25,000 concrete poles and bamboo poles and irrigation pumps/pipes have been installed for the grafted local and Taiwanese Dragon Fruit varietes which are growing and are expected to yield fruits in 2018.
Initial planning for the development of the G.O.L.D.E.N. DIMARUCOT–SIO FARM into an AGRO-INDUSTRIAL-TOURISM & TRAINING HUB include:
1. Lay-out the designated areas from the main highway.
2. Show case of Farm with Bahay Kubo motif with plots for the 18 with Balag: Standard Iron Bars for the 18 vegetables in the folksong .Bahay Kubo, Kahit munti; Ang halaman doon ay sari-sari: Singkamas at talong, sigarilyas at mani, sitaw, bataw, patani. kundol, patola, upo’t kalabasa. At saka mayroon pa: labanos, mustasa, sibuyas, kamatis, bawang at luya. Sa paligid-ligid ay puno ng linga.
3. Nursery for Vegetables: Seeds, Seedlings, Herbs, Spices, Medicinal Plants, Green Leafy Vegetables
4. Nursery for Trees: Langka, Guyabano, Coconut, Arayat Bayabas, Sasa-Nipa, Bangkal-Talisay- Rizal Tree, Camachile, Bamboo. Sampalok, Mansanitas, Rimas, From 1000 square meters to 1 hectare
5. Set up a Bahay Kubo Sari-Sari Store @ the Main Highway… with vegetables, fruits, fresh, bottled and packed. Serve herbal tea and fruit juices.
6. Set up ManOK sa PalayOK Mini Restaurant for dining and take out.
7. One Hectare Plantation for Root Crops: Peanut, Gabe, Ube, Tugee, Luya, Turmeric
8. One Hectare Plantation for Seed Production & Pickling: Kadios, Ampalaya, Okra, Sili, Sitaw, Bell Pepper, Pepino, Carrot, Labanos
9. One Hectare Plantation for: Winter Melon Kundol (Fruit & Seeds), Honey Dew, Melon Kastila, Water Melon, Kalabasa, Pumpkin, Upo
10. African Catfish Pond: Construct Fishpond and raise African Hito.
11. Sunflower Plantation: One hectare for Seed Production
12. Production of Compost: Soil, Chicken Manure: For farm application and for sale in 10- kilo, 25-kilo and 50-kilo bags.
13. Vinegar for Pickling: Sasa, Tuba-Coconut, Basi-Tubo-Sugar Cane
14. Training: Certificate: Paaralang Bahay Kubo for Gardeners & Foodscapers: in coordination with Barangay, Municipality & Province: And government agencies: Department of Agriculture, Technical Education & Skills Development Authority, Agriculture Training Institute, Department of Environment & Natural Resources, Department of Interior & Local Government, Commission on Higher Education: National Service Training Program (NSTP), DSWD, NAPC .. etc
15. Lakbay Aral from the Philippines-wide: Mindanao, Visayas, Luzon: 7,107 Islands, 42,026 Barangays, 80 Provinces, 140 Cities, 1494 Municipalities as well as schools, companies/ corporations and other countries-world-wide.
Information & Inquiries: Dr. Jose Pepito Manansala Cunanan Samahang Bahay Kubo Earth-wide: 803 Cornus, St. Dominic 6, Tandang Sora Avenue, Quezon City 1116. Tel. 0919 992 3630 / 0927 700 1754; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com ; Facebook: Jose Pepito Cunanan;
For more information, contact: Bahay Kubo Global System, Inc., Dr. Venerando Catarroja 0999-5016273: firstname.lastname@example.org; Emmanuel Argamosa 0908 881 9906 NetSquare 3rd Avenue cor 28th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig email@example.com; Ed Manugue 0919 555 0347; Anselmo ‘Moi’ Garcia 0908 535 9645, firstname.lastname@example.org; Dr. Mel Catarroja;
Alonita Doctor <email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; Marian Fernando; Tita Laraya, Limuel Alegario email@example.com; Mar Sajorda firstname.lastname@example.org; Dan Ricohermoso 0908 216 5916<email@example.com;
Engr. Eric Raymundo 0917 816 1041 , Andy Catli-Hardinero ng Lungsod 0918 356 0881, Dr. Antonio Mateo 02 961 3925; Randy Salvador Rapisora 0906 387 8444 <firstname.lastname@example.org>.
JUMSA Peace & Development Foundation Inc. & Jumsa Trading Corporation Inc. Princess Jum Unga Angel 0949 596 0803 Main Office: Lampaya, Talipao, Jolo, Sulu email@example.com; Radzma Angel 0998 245 6631. <www:jumsa.foundation.com>; Mabolo, Pagrai, 5 Antipolo, City;
Nature’s Thrive: Davao City: Maritess Campomanes Gacotano Alaba, 0907 9951008 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tulay ng Buhay at Pagasa Foundation Inc. Hanbi ICT Center, C-3, Navotas City, 02 351 2384, email@example.com; Dyce Gonzales; Nestor Valfongo 0939 480 9419.
C3: Corinthian Coffee Clutch, Corinthian Plaza, Paseo de Roxas, Makati City: Ike Seneres <firstname.lastname@example.org>; Elmer Robles email@example.com; Jose Z. Osias <firstname.lastname@example.org>;
Patrick Pineda <email@example.com>; Virgilio V. Leyretana, Sr. firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; Noly G. Daculan firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.