One of the tricks to weight control is choosing the foods that you eat -- food that will make you feel full so that you don’t always feel so hungry that you start eating junk food.
1) Egg -- approximately 70 calories, but it has 6 gms of protein. Eat the white of an egg for breakfast, it will fill you up, give you more energy. And you will not feel hungry mid morning.
2) Soup -- try to start your meals with a soup. Drink a glass of water, eat some soup before your meal. Both will fill you up, lessening your appetite to eat a lot. Eat a healthy soup like monggo, miswa, etc- preferably soups with vegetables.
3) Avocados -- Their healthy monounsaturated fats may help slow the rate at which your stomach empties. They’re also loaded with folate, potassium and vitamin E, and early research suggests that foods containing these nutrients may fill you up faster than other foods, example like rice.
4) Yogurt -- yogurt is a good snack -- it’s protein, it has good bacteria for your stomach. And keeps you filling full.
5) Oatmeal -- oatmeal is great because it has fiber and protein at the same time. Try to eat oatmeal several times a week, add a banana or mango and milk and off you go. Add a dash of honey and cinnamon!
6) Apples -- apples are very filling they only have 80 calories, but one can be as filling as a meal because of the 4 grams of fiber.
7) Beans/lentils -- “They’re high in protein -- about 7 grams per half cup -- and high in complex carbohydrates, the type that take longer to break down.
8) Nuts- They have the perfect combination of fiber, protein and fat. The nutritionists’ faves? Walnuts, almonds and pistachios. Just stick to an ounce or less to avoid calorie overload.